ENSCO, Inc. provides engineering, science and advanced technology solutions for the defense, security, transportation, environment, aerospace, and intelligent automation industries.Founded in 1969, ENSCO is an $91 million, approximately 800-person privately-owned corporation. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., ENSCO has major offices in Springfield, Va., Endicott, N.Y., Melbourne and Cocoa Beach, Fla., and field offices around the United States and in Beijing, China.
ENSCO employees work on diverse projects and technologies, including world peacekeeping initiatives, support to national security, and development of safer and more efficient transportation. Our cutting-edge technologies and computer programming projects directly impact world and national issues.
ENSCO’s unique working environment and corporate culture-a $100-million, 800-person company with a small company feel-make it the ideal place for individuals with technical skills and creativity, problem-solving abilities, and entrepreneurial attitudes.
ENSCO’s areas of technical expertise include:
* Software development and support services
* Signal analysis and processing
* Data integration
* Information management
* Embedded real-time controls
* Advanced mapping and graphics
* Man-machine interface
* Hardware and software
* Engineering and basic and applied hard sciences
A few of ENSCO’s current projects include:
* Supporting the government with signal processing and analysis to contribute to world peacekeeping issues.
* Developing a meteorlogical interface that allows greater weather decision support than has been previously available.
* Supporting Kennedy Space Center’s space shuttle operations--making shuttle launches, landings and ground operations safer--by providing meteorological evaluation, analysis and support to NASA.
* Supporting an automated sensor integration system that protects facilities, perimeters and borders from intrusion, and chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear attack.
* Providing software development and services in support of mission-critical avionics and flight control systems aboard military aircraft.
* Using real-time data collection and analysis to develop, operate, and maintain a rail inspection system that detects flaws in railroad track across the world, thus preventing and reducing derailments and the loss of life and property.
* Developing technology that improves weather forecasting accuracy, efficiency and cost-effectiveness thus increasing safety by reducing the impact of weather on critical operations.
* Developing a revolutionary atmospheric observation system integrating micro- and nano-scale technologies. The wireless network of airborne probes will take in situ measurements and report their findings to remote receiving stations.
* Creating a fully autonomous vehicle that has great potential value to government and commercial markets.
Contact: Mark Agutter, Business Relations Recruiting Manager, 607-741-6369, email@example.com