||Department / Business Unit
|Professor of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology
||Department of Molecular Biology & Pharmacology
|Washington University School of Medicine
||State / Provence
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, B.S. chemistry, 1968; University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, Ph.D. Chemistry with I. K. Ugi, 1971. UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, postdoctoral fellowship with D.J. Cram, 1972-1974.
- Professor of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Director, Bioorganic Chemistry Program, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO 63110, August 1993-present.
- Professor of Chemistry, 1985-1993; Associate Chairman for Research, Director of Graduate Studies, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida 33124, 1985-1992.
- Professor of Chemistry, 1982-1984; Associate Professor of Chemistry, 1978-1982, Department of Chemistry, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742. Visiting Professor of Biological Chemistry, Univ. of Maryland Medical School, Baltimore, MD, 1982-83.
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, 1974-1978.
- Chemist, Central Research Department, E.I. DuPont de Nemours Co., Wilmington, DE 19898, June-August, 1974.
- Allan C. Davis Medal, Maryland Academy of Sciences: "Maryland's Outstanding Young Scientist, 1979."
- Leo Schubert Award, Washington Academy of Sciences, "For Outstanding Teaching of Science," 1981.
- Member, Washington Academy of Sciences, 1981.
- "Frontiers of Chemistry" lecturer, Case Western Reserve University, November, 1981.
- McElvain lecturer, University of Wisconsin, March, 1993.
- "Outstanding Professor," College of Arts and Sciences, University of Miami (Alumni Award), 1993.
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Senior Fellow, 1994.
- Izatt-Christensen International Award in Macrocyclic Chemistry, 1996.
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science, 1996.
- Editor, Supramolecular Chemistry, (1992-1999).
- Editorial advisory board of Chemical Communications, (1998 - present).