EducationB.Sc. JiLin Normal University, China; M.Sc., Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Science, 1997; Ph.D. University of the State of Mexico, Mexico 2000
Career HighlightsDr. Sun has more than 12 years experience in synthesis and characterization of nanoscale materials. His remarkable contribution to nanoscale magnetic recording materials is well recognized internationally. He had especially contributed on controlled synthesis, self-assembly, advanced characterization and biological application on unique magnetic nanoparticles, nanolayers, nanoarrays, superlattices and the nanofabrication of magnetic ultra high-density recording devices by focused ion-beam technique as well. Moreover, Dr. Sun had also performed the synthesis and characterization on organic-inorganic hybrid magnetic semiconductor nanostructures with doping magnetic ions using a synthetic assembling strategy. From 2004 to 2005, he had ever involved in the emerging nanobiothechnology and mainly on the attempt of magnetic biosensor incorporating with magnetic nanoparticles assembly with biological and medical significances. From the beginning of 2006, he has participated on the comprehensive microstructure investigations of spintronics-based device fabricated from nanoscale magnetic tunnel junctions (MTJ). Recently after joining Center for Chemical Physics, University of Western Ontario, he is mainly involved in a variety of advanced electron microscopy characterizations (HREM, HADDF and EELS etc) characterization on one or two-dimension nanoscale materials (i.e. nanotubes, nanowires, nanobelts etc), which will be potentially applied to industrial cell fuel energy.
Dr. Sun has published over 50 peer-reviewed journal papers, scientific books, and conference proceedings and over 80 presentations in international (posters and talks) conferences including several invited talks. Dr has also served as conference chair, conference organizer, program committee member and advisory committee member for more than 10 conferences on the emerging field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
Awards• Professional Journal Reviewer: Journal of Materials Research (JMR since 2001).
• Invited Journals Reviewer: Journal of the American Chemical Society (JACS), Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (JNN), Journal of Solid State Chemistry (JSSC), Journal of Applied Physics (JAP), Journal of Physical Chemistry (JPC), Nanotechnology, International Journal of Nanotechnology (IJNT), Applied Physics Letters (APL), Carbon.
• Member of Materials Research Society. Since 1998--
• Member of American Chemistry Society. Since 2002—
• Member of Canadian NanoBusiness Alliance. Since 2006--
• Member of Mexican Materials Research Society. Since 1998--
• Member of Mexican Electron Microscopy Society. Since 1998—
• Member of Sino-American Pharmaceutical Professionals Association (SAPA).
• Member of Consulting Committee of Beijing SoKang Nano technology Co., Ltd.
• Senior Professor Visiting Fellowship in Center For Chemical Physics (CCP), The University of Western Ontario (2006-).
• Vice Editor-in-Chief: Chinese Journal of NanoScience & NanoTechnology, XiAn, China (since 2005).
• Guest Editor in the new Journal of Nanomaterials (2006) (Hindawi Publishing Corporation).
• Session Chairman in Symposium: Towards Functional Nanomaterials–Synthesis, Characterization, and Applications, 2007 TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition, Feb.25 to Mar.1, 2007, Orlando, USA.
• International Advisory Committee: 5th China International NanoScience and Technology Xi'an Symposium (2006). Sept.10-13, 2006, XiAn, China.
Important ArticlesMagnetic Properties of Nanoparticle Assemblies
By this Researcher