Timo Jääskeläinen Ph.D.
Dr. Jääskeläinen's current research interests include: color research, optical materials research , and applied optics.
Education• Master of Science, physics, University of Joensuu 1976; Licentiate of Philosophy, physics, University of Joensuu 1978; Doctor of Philosophy, physics, University of Joensuu 25.01.1982
Career Highlights• Reviewer or opponent for 16 PhD theses at Helsinki University of Technology, Tampere University of technology, University of Jyväskylä, and University of Oulu
• Reviewer of several professorships in Finland and abroad
• Referee frequently e.g. for the following journals
• Optical Engineering, Journal of the Optical Society of America A, International Journal of Pattern Recognition, Optics letters, Optical Materials, Journal of electronic imaging, Color research and applications, Optics Communications
• Coordinator of the national graduate school of Modern optics and photonics from 1995-
• Member of the follow-up group or executive group of several research projects at other institutes
• Member of the organizing and program committees and session chair of several international symposiums
• Post-graduate students supervised: 17 PhDs, >10 Lic.Phil
• Consulting and product development projects for several companies since 1985
By this Researcher