Robert C. Robbins M.D.
Dr. Robbins is currently the Chair of Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery Director with the Stanford Cardiovascular Institute at Stanford University School of Medicine.Research Interests
1. The investigation of the immunobiology and factors associated with the in vivo survival of mouse and human embryonic stems used for the treatment of congestive heart failure.
2. The study of genetic determinants of congestive heart failure.
3. Hemodynamic, MRI, Echocardiographic, and Molecular Imaging assessment of congestive heart failure and cell therapy in mice and rats.
4. The investigation of Apelin in congestive heart failure.
5. The study of the role of bcl-2 in cardiac allograft vasculopathy.
6. The development of automated coronary anastomotic devices.
7. The assessment of tissue engineered blood vessels.
Important Articles• Balsam LB, Wagers AJ, Christensen JL, Kofidis T, Weissman IL, Robbins RC "Haematopoietic stem cells adopt mature haematopoietic fates in ischaemic myocardium." Nature 2004; 428: 6983: 668-73
• Wu JC, Spin JM, Cao F, Lin S, Xie X, Gheysens O, Chen IY, Sheikh AY, Robbins RC, Tsalenko A, Gambhir SS, Quertermous T "Transcriptional Profiling of Reporter Genes Used for Molecular Imaging of Embryonic Stem Cell Transplantation." Physiol Genomics 2006;
• Moffatt-Bruce SD, Karamichalis J, Robbins RC, Whyte RI, Theodore J, Reitz BA "Are heart-lung transplant recipients protected from developing bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome?" Ann Thorac Surg 2006; 81: 1: 286-91; discussion 291
• Al-Khaldi A, Robbins RC "New directions in cardiac transplantation." Annu Rev Med 2006; 57: 455-71
• Al-Khaldi A, Oyer PE, Robbins RC "Outcome analysis of donor gender in heart transplantation." J Heart Lung Transplant 2006; 25: 4: 461-8
By this Researcher