Jagannathan Sankar Ph.D.
Dr, Sankar’s research expertise involves materials engineering, especially mechanical properties - microstructural/failure relationships of various material systems. He has worked in the area of experimental investigation of mechanical behavior of high temperature materials such as monolithic ceramic, ceramic and metal matrix composites for more than ten years.Current research projects are:
- High temperature fatigue-creep tension characteristics of silicon nitrides.
- Testing and evaluation of advanced ceramics at high temperatures in uniaxial tension.
- Behavior of glass ceramics under cyclic loading.
- Effect of sample test volume and geometry on the tensile characteristics of continuous fiber ceramic composites.
- Analysis of composites subjected to low velocity impact loading.
- A new mechanistic constitutive modeling for high temperature CMCs under monotonic and cyclic loading.
- Mechanical behavior investigation of advanced CMCs.
EducationBE, University of Madras; ME Concordia University; Ph.D., Lehigh University
By this Researcher