Yu-Shu Hong Ph.D.
1) Bio-inspired synthesis and self-assembly of advanced inorganic materials;
2) Templated-directed organization of nanoparticles;
3) Novel inorganic synthesis;
4) Synthesis of biominerals and their applications;
5) Optical, electronic, magnetic, and catalytic properties of low dimensional nanostructured materials and their applications in nanodevices and biotechnology.
Career HighlightsEDUCATION AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
Shu-Hong YU studied chemistry in the Hefei University of Technology and received BS in 1988. He got MS from Shanghai Research Institute of Chemical Industry (SRICI) in 1991. He completed PhD (Inorganic Chemistry) in 1998 from University of Science and Technology of China (USTC). From 1999 to 2001, he worked in Materials and Structures Laboratory, Tokyo Institute of Technology (TIT), as a JSPS (the Japan Society for Promotion of Science) Research Fellow, working with Prof. Masahiro Yoshimura. He was awarded an AvH (Alexander von Humboldt Foundation) Fellowship (2001-2002) in Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Germany, working with Professor Markus Antonietti and Dr. Helmut C?lfen. He joined Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale (HFNL) and became a faculty member in School of Chemistry & Materials as a full professor in 2002. Currently, he is leading the Division of Nanomaterials & Chemistry, HFNL, and also acting as the Deputy Dean of the School of Chemistry & Materials, University of Science and Technology of China. He has authored and co-authored more than 80 refereed journal publications, 5 invited book chapters, and one patent.
Important ArticlesREPRESENTATIVE PUBLICATIONS
1) Shu-Hong Yu*, Helmut C?lfen, Klaus Tauer, Markus Antonietti, “Tectonic arrangement of BaCO3 nanocrystals into helices induced by a racemic block copolymer”, Nature Materials 2005, 5, 51-55.
2) Linbao Luo, Shu-Hong Yu*, Hai-Sheng Qian, Tao Zhou, “Large Scale Fabrication of Flexible Ag/Cross-Linked PVA Coaxial Nanocables by a Facile Solution Approach”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2005, 127, 2822-2823.
3) Biao Liu, Shu-Hong Yu*, Linjie Li, Qiao Zhang, Fen Zhang, Ke Jiang, “Morphology Control of Stolzite Microcrystals with High Hierarchy in Solution”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2004, 43, 4745-4750.
4) Shu-Hong Yu*, Markus Antonietti, Helmut C?lfen, Jürgen Hartmann, “Growth self-assembly of BaCrO4 nanofibers towards hierarchical and repetitive superstructures by polymer controlled mineralization reactions”, Nano. Lett. 2003, 3, 379-382.
5) Shu-Hong Yu*, Markus Antonietti, Helmut C?lfen, Michael Giersig, “Synthesis of very thin 1D and 2D CdWO4 nanoparticles with improved fluorescence behavior by polymer controlled crystallization”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2002, 41, 2356-2360.
By this Researcher