Zhibing Hu Ph.D.
- Experimental soft condensed matter physics
- Polymer chemistry and physics, Colloidal chemistry and physics
- Biomaterials chemistry, nanostructured materials, and hydrogel materials
- Physical and chemical properties of polymer gels and related biomaterials
- Self assembling and phase behaviors of hydrogel nanoparticles in solvents
- Crystallization, glass transition, and gelation of colloidal dispersions
- Synthesis and study of smart gels for sensors and devices applications
- Developing nanostructured, biodegradable hydrogel materials for applications in controlled drug delivery, tissue
engineering, food, cosmetics, super-absorbents and contact lenses.
- Static and dynamic laser light scattering characterization. Rheological characterization. UV-visible spectroscopy.
EducationPh.D., McMaster University, 1988, Experimental Condensed Matter Physics
By this Researcher