Kattesh V. Katti Ph.D.
||Department / Business Unit
|Professor of Radiology & Physics, Senior Research Scientist MU Research Reactor
|Radiopharmaceutical Sciences Institute
||State / Provence
Dr. Katti's main research focus is in the area of nanoscience and nanotechnology in nanomedicine at the University of Missouri - Columbia.
Research Areas at the Radiopharmaceutical Sciences Institute:
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in Nanomedicine
- Metals/Organomatallics In the Development of Cancer Diagnostic and Therapeutic Agents
- Biomedical Optical Imaging
- New Approaches to Cancer Therapy
- New Biomaterials for use in Surgical and Non-surgical Wound Healing applications
- Fundamental Aspects of Structure of Water and Water-Alcohol Binary Mixtures
Ph.D 1984, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India; M.S.Ed. 1979, Regional College of Education, Mysore, India; B.S.(Chemistry)1977, Karnatak University, India
- Dr. Katti’s discovery on Nanoparticles production was quoted on the front page of NANO BIOTECH NEWS (Vol. 2; No 48; December 8 2004 http://www.nhionline.net/products/nanobiotechnews/nbn12804wek.pdf)“240 times faster than previous methods; University of Missouri-Columbia researchers make gold, silver nanoparticles in 5-10 minutes”
- Dr. Katti’s Nanoscience work was cited in Innovations Report of Germany (http://www.innovations-report.com/html/reports/life_sciences/report-36440.html) as “Nanoparticles to Aid Medical Diagnosis, Therapy”
- Dr. Katti’s work was cited in NANO TECHNOLOGY NOW: “MU Researchers Produce Nanoparticles to Aid Medical Diagnosis, Therapy in Fraction of Previous Time” (http://www.nanotech-now.com/news.cgi?story_id=06721)
- Dr. Katti’s Nanoscience discovery was cited in: Nano Tsunami: http://www.voyle.net/Nano%20Medicine/Medicine%202004-0058.htm
- Dr. Katti’s discovery was cited in one of the major vitamin health sites in the U.S. Dr. Katti’s work do develop a new drug for Wilson’s Disease is featured. https://webmail.um.umsystem.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://newvitality.com/Articles.aspx
- Dr. Katti’s discovery on the development of a new drug for treating Wilson’s disease was cited in: http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/507813/. This discovery was covered in National/International news media.
- Dr. Katti has been selected to receive the coveted '2007 Outstanding St. Louis Scientist Fellows Award' by the Academy of Science of St. Louis. The Academy's literature called it "a rare feat to be distinguished in all of these fields simultaneously" and praised Katti's discoveries in the development of gold and silver nanoparticles for applications in nanomedicine.
- Dr. Kattesh V. Katti’s Nanomedicine research has been cited by the President of India in his Inaugural Speech at the Global Nanoscience Initiatives on March 16 2006 in New Delhi, India: http://presidentofindia.nic.in/scripts/sllatest1.jsp?id=745
- Dr. Kattesh V. Katti has been awarded the 2006 year Gauss Professorship from the Academy of Sciences, Gottingen, Germany