Paul C.H. Li Ph.D.
Paul C.H. Li, Ph.D is Associate Professor at Simon Fraser University, (British Columbia) Dr. Li's group are interested in carrying out various chemical and biochemical analysis which are enhanced by the use of microfluidic devices.Dr Li's group is particularly focused on:
* Separation and analysis of bioactive compounds derived from natural sources, e.g. licorice.
* Analysis of various compounds based on contraction of cardiac muscle cells detected by an acoustic wave sensor.
* Analysis of various compounds based on their effect on the NFkB signalling pathway in Jurkat T cells using an EGFP reporter.
Their research goals are:
* To enhance various chemical and biochemical analysis by miniaturization so that analysis can be achieved in shorter time and with less reagents,
* To integrate these processes on-chip based on various microchip layout designs and various detection methodologies, and
* To develop cell-based analysis on-chip for testing of various compounds for drug screening and discovery.
EducationB.Sc., Chemistry and Physics, University of Hong Kong; M.Sc., Ph.D., Analytical Chemistry, University of Toronto
Career HighlightsDr. Li's Courses at SFU include.
Chem 215: Introduction to Analytical Chemistry
Chem 316: Introductory Instrumental Analysis
Chem 819: Special Topics in Analytical Chemistry: Microfluidic lab-on-a-chip
BooksMicrofluidic Lab-on-a-Chip for Chemical and Biological Analysis and Discovery CRC Press (2005)
By this Researcher