Mannur J. Sundaresan Ph.D.
Dr. Mannur Sundaresan's interests include: structural health monitoring, smart materials, composite materials, nondestructive evaluation, structure-property relationships, electron microscopy, materials processing, and fracture mechanics.
EducationPh.D, Engineering Mechanics, Virginia Tech, 1988, M.E., Mechanical Engineering, Bangalore University, 1973, B.E., Mechanical Engineering, Bangalore University, 1971
BooksNanoengineering of Structural, Functional and Smart Materials; CRC Press (2005)
Important Articles1. K. Waldron, A. Ghoshal, M.J. Schulz, M.J. Sundaresan, F. Ferguson, P.F. Pai, J.H. Chung,"Damage Detection Using Finite Elements and Laser Operational Deflection Shapes," J. Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 2001, Vol.38, pp.1281-1289.
2. Sundaresan, M.J., Ghoshal, A., Schulz, M.J., "A Continuous Sensor to Measure Acoustic Waves in Plates," Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol. 12, No.1, pp.41-56, January 2001.
3. Ghoshal, A., E.A. Wheater, C.R. AshokKumar, M.J. Sundaresan, M.J. Schulz, M. Human, P.F. Pai, "Vibration Suppression Using A Laser Vibrometer and Piezoceramic Patches", Journal of Sound and Vibration ,Volume 235(2), 10 August 2000, pages 261-280.
4. F. Ferguson, M. J. Sundaresan, G. Grandhi, S. Datta, G.R. Kirikera, and M.J. Schulz, "Evaluation of a Neural System for Structural Health Monitoring," Proceedings for the First European Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring, Paris, DEStech Publications, July 10-12, 2002, pp. 657-664.
5. M J. Schulz, M J. Sundaresan, J. McMichael, D. Clayton Evaluation of the Performance of Piezo-Ceramic Materials at Moderately Elevated Temperatures (Paper #IMECE2002-39376), ASME Proceedings, New Orleans, 2002.
6. Nazar Elwasia, M. J. Schulz, J. Sankar, and M. J. Sundaresan, "Vibration Based Technique for Detecting Stiffness Loss in Composite Bars," ICCE-9, San Diego, July 1-6, 2002, p. 191-192.
7. G. Grandhi, J. Sankar, M. J. Sundaresan, and M. J. Schulz, "Acoustic Emission Monitoring of Composite Materials Using Continuous Sensor," ICCE-9, San Diego, July 1-6, 2002, p. 255-256.
8. Schulz, M.J., Kirikera, G.R., Datta, S.M., and Sundaresan, M.J., "Piezoceramic and Nanotube Materials for Health Monitoring," Proceedings of SPIE , March 2002, Conference at San Diego, CA.
9. Sundaresan M.J., Schulz M.J., Ghoshal A., and Martin W.N., "A Neural System for Structural Health Monitoring," Proc. SPIE, 2001, Vol. 4328, pp.130-141.
10. Schulz, M. J. Sundaresan, M.J., Ghoshal, A., Martin, W.N., "Evaluation of Distributed Sensors for Structural Health Monitoring," ASME Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, 2001.
By this Researcher