Ashutosh Tiwari Ph.D.
Dr. Tiwari's current teaching interests include: Electricity, Magnetism and magnetic materials, Modern Phsics, Optics, Fundamentals of thin film growth, Advanced materials processing, Structural characterization techniques, Low-temperature techniques, and Thermodynamics.Research Interest:
Low temperature electrical, magnetic and thermodynanic properties of transition metal perovskite oxides; Superconductors and Giant magnetoresistive materials; Wide band gap II-VI and III-V semiconductors; Transparent conductors; Disordered metallic systems; Metal-insulator transition; Thin film deposition and processing; Laser ablation; Sputtering; Thermal & e-beam evaporation, Transmission electron microscopy, etc.
EducationPh.D. 2000 Solid State Physics & Materials Science Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur; M.Sc. 1993 Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi; B.Sc. 1990 Physics (Hons.), Christ Church College, Kanpur
Career Highlights2001-present: Research Associate, Center for Advanced Materials and Smart Structures, North Carolina State University, Raleigh
1999-2001: Post-doctoral Fellow, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Delaware, Newak
1993-1999: Research Assistant, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Awards• Principal Organizor of 2004 TMS symposium on "Nanostructured Magnetic Materials"
• Special Issue Editor of Journal of Electronic Materials (November, 2004 issue)
• TMS 2003 Young Leader Award
• 1999 Post-doctoral Fellowship of University of Delaware, USA
• 1994 Research Fellowship of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research of India
• 1994 Qualified the prestigious GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers) examination of Indian Institute of Technology.
• 1992-94 Qualified NET (National Eligibility Test) for Lecturer ship
• 1985-1990 Recipient of National Merit Scholarship of government of India
By this Researcher